An Update for Candle Light Cove Residents, Family Members and Friends
An Update for Our Residents, Family Members and Friends
We wanted to provide you with a general overview and update of our steps as we move along our journey to do our part to contain the threat of COVID-19 at Candle Light Cove. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our state trade associations along with local health authorities have recommended a variety of steps that we are implementing to help reduce the potential for the virus to enter our building. We appreciate your patience and assistance in the battle to contain COVID-19. We are deeply mindful of the vulnerability of our population to this particular illness, and our decisions to intensify our social distancing is reflective of our determination to stem the outbreak. We currently have no known illness in our community.
- We continue to screen all visitors as to their potential exposures, including travel and symptoms of illness relative to themselves and others with whom they closely associate.
- We are practicing active surveillance of our Residents for signs and symptoms of respiratory illness.
- We are asking family and friends to avoid non-essential visits; We have technologies in place to visit using Skype/FaceTime or Go-To Meeting.
- We have curtailed our planned outings to restaurants, Walmart and other stores – we will be creative to get Residents the items they need and want.
- We are advising residents to avoid identified risks for exposure such as large gatherings, restaurants, non-essential appointments, etc.
- We are practicing active surveillance of our team members for signs and symptoms and we are actively screening for potential exposures to include their own travel and family travel and illness.
- We are reviewing signs, symptoms and standard precautions with our team during every shift.
- We have cancelled or postponed programmatic events at the community.
Our community is following the recommendations of the CDC on prevention steps, including following strict hand washing procedures, and in many circumstances, wearing protective equipment and gloves when interacting with residents who are sick. We are cleaning high-touch, high-traffic areas with increased frequency. We are staying informed with the CDC recommendations as they are updated. In addition, our community is in close contact with the local and state health department and are following their guidance. Please observe the signs on our entryway doors to notify visitors of the symptoms of COVID-19 and basic precautions and request that you not enter the building if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, or if you have been in close contact with anyone who has traveled within the last two weeks to any of these five countries: China, S. Korea, Japan, Iran, or Italy.
We will notify you if any residents or staff are diagnosed with COVID-19. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact our community at: 410-770-9707.
For additional information, please visit the CDC’s coronavirus disease information page.
Executive Operations Officer / Candle Light Cove
This e-mail is confidential and may contain private information. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. To do so could violate state and federal privacy laws. Thank you for your full cooperation and attention. Please contact email@example.com if you require assistance.